[TxMt] Re: Python indentation

Wed Mar 5 19:54:12 UTC 2014

On 5 Mar 2014, at 14:26, Iain Allan wrote:

> On alpha.9517 the auto indentation seems to have changed that if you
> leave a blank line after a function TextMate will keep indenting
> subsequent lines.
>
> def boo():
>  """docstring for boo"""
>  pass
>
> print   <— this line is automatically indented unless you use ⌘[
>
> I had a look in the Python bundle and the language grammar is
> unchanged.    Am I missing a setting somewhere to revert to the old
> behaviour?

 From the release notes…

> It is now possible to set the `disableIndentCorrections` to
> `emptyLines`. This will disable the indent corrections only when
> typing on empty lines, which has been made default for HTML.

I’m sure it has something to do with that, though it doesn’t sound
like anything should change (outside of HTML) if you were still using
default settings. Then again, if you were using default settings, the
behavior you’ve noticed would not be new. (I disabled it a long time
ago.)

I’m using “emptyLines” now just to see if there’s a benefit.
Before, I was using “:true”. I haven’t figured out the difference
yet.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/