[TxMt] Re: Feature Request: Show ("the good old") Warning if one tries to open big files

Sun Jun 15 12:11:26 UTC 2014

On 12 Jun 2014, at 15:51, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> […] Would it be possible to at least add an alert or warning […]

I’ve added it to the relevant to-do. The “open file” code has a
few issues, so it’s something I’m motivated to refactor.

> […] Another idea would be to allow the cancellation of such a
> opening process by pressing CMD+W or whatever.

I think the main problem with large files is (still) the (core) text
layout which happens in response to Cocoa NSView layout code, which
happens on the main thread, so rather difficult to allow aborting here.

> […] but then if I choose to open my working folder again, TM2
> remembers all opened files (which is really cool) but it tries again
> to load this big file. My only workflow I’m aware of was to rename
> that big file temporarily after killing TM2.

Another workaround: File → Open Favorites… (⇧⌘O).

Under “Recent Projects” select your folder and press ⌘⌫. That
will delete the saved state.

For the curious, the saved state is kept in ~/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/RecentProjects.db.