[TxMt] Re: Included shell grammar until EOF

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Thu Jul 24 20:22:08 UTC 2014

>> And: Could the rule for if-blocks in the shellscript bundle be more
>> strict (matching only '^\s*if\b' for example)? Is this rule needed at
>> all? (I haven’t found any other references to the scope “if-block” in
>> the shellscript bundle.)
>
> I think it could, best way to figure out is to make the change, test it,
> and submit a PR if you do not see any issues :)
>
> Be sure not to assign any scope beyond meta.* to potentially matched
> leading whitespace.

Pull request: https://github.com/textmate/shellscript.tmbundle/pull/18

I decided not to delete the scope because there are similiar scopes like
`meta.scope.while-loop.shell`, and though I couldn’t find any references
to those scopes in any bundles I suspect they could be used for syntax
highlighting.

(The `if-block` scope was introduced in
https://github.com/textmate/shellscript.tmbundle/commit/3a30a60, but the
commit message doesn’t say anything about why it was added.)

Stefan