[TxMt] Re: Indented soft wrapping

Fri Jan 31 05:00:19 UTC 2014

On 29 Jan 2014, at 23:34, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> […] I would like to work on a patch to improve this situation, but
> I’m not even sure how it should be architected. For example, if a
> default indentedSoftWrap setting is added to the Text and Source
> bundles, how can it be turned on and off? Is there some existing
> setting that works like this?

Bundle items can be disabled, so one could add a setting e.g. to the
TextMate bundle and have it disabled by default.

Users would still have to go to the Bundle Editor and select to enable
the iten.

There’s a few other things that fall in the same category, i.e. needs
to be enabled/disabled via settings in bundles, and I haven’t yet
figured out how I would like to go about better exposing these things.
On hand I would like to introduce (more) GUI for common stuff, OTOH I
would like to keep TextMate more of an engine with a lot of
customization possibilities (which can’t always be captured by a
single GUI switch).