[TxMt] Re: when sending code to R.app textmate 1 and 2 both

Kevin Owens kevin.j.owens at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 04:13:17 UTC 2014

(I signed up to get emails in a digest, so I don't know how to reply to
an individual email)

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:15:59 +0700
To: "TextMate users"<textmate at lists.macromates.com>
Subject: [TxMt] Re: when sending code to R.app textmate 1 and 2 both
	open

On 15 Jan 2014, at 12:44, Kevin Owens wrote:

> I'd like to have both versions of textmate on my computer, but when I
> send code to the R.app in either, it shifts focus to the other one.
> For example, if I am running textmate 1 it runs the R code, then
> shifts focus to textmate 2, and then I have to alt tab to get back to
> my original window.

Exactly what bundle command are you using?

I looked at the commands in the R Console (R.app) bundle (like ?Send
Document / Selection to R.app?) and while I see code that activates
R.app I see no code to bring back focus to TextMate.

I'm using the command "Send Selection/Line To" and the sub-menu is "R.app and step" and the key binding is alt shift enter.

I've restarted my computer, and now it seems that Textmate 1 works fine, but it's when I send code to R.app that it switches focus.

I think it may be related to the lines in that command like

"open "txmt://open?line="