[TxMt] Re: difference in line length measurements

matt neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Feb 18 18:45:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, February 18, 2014 9:53 am, Quinn Comendant wrote:
> I was measuring the character length of a line using the ‘line:column’
> indicator in the bottom left corner of a TM 2 window until I had a reason
> to doubt its accuracy. I used the count words command to confirm. I have a
> line with 153 characters, and the ‘line:column’ indicator reads
> ‘157’ with the cursor at the end (which I would expect to mean there
> are 156 characters before the cursor). See attached. Why might this be?

It's the accents. The indicator at the bottom left corner is counting the
accents as individual characters (so, an accent over an e is two
characters, the accent and the e). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do