[TxMt] Re: Indented soft wrapping

Mon Feb 3 02:32:42 UTC 2014

On 3 Feb 2014, at 0:49, Kyle Hanson wrote:

> […] I don't see the point of bundle's overriding something that
> should be a global setting. If I have soft wrap disabled via [view ->
> Disable soft wrap], a bundle should not be able to override that
> setting
> and reenable it […]

The issue is that “soft wrap” is not a global boolean choice. For
example I like comments to be soft wrapped in source code, where soft
wrap is otherwise disabled. We also soft wrap list items in Markdown
documents, etc., which is why these settings are in bundles, since they
are sort of language specific.

That said, how to disable soft wrapped comments is one of the most
frequently asked questions, so it’s likely a bad default that I’m
considering changing.