[TxMt] Re: mystery of the open tabs

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sun Dec 28 16:36:34 UTC 2014

> On 16 Dec 2014, at 23:40, Matt Neuburg wrote:
>
>> Can anyone explain why some of my project folders open empty and others open with the previously open tabs open in them?
>
> The project folders that open empty: Were they closed with open tabs? Were they renamed/moved?
>
> If a project folder open empty, if you open some tabs in that window, close the window, and re-open the folder, does it remember the open tabs?

No, it doesn't. That's the point. I've made a movie! Here it is:

http://www.apeth.com/Tabs.mov

Let me prepare you for what you will see. Two folders are open, with two tabs open in each. I close both tabs. Then I reopen both tabs. One opens with both tabs present; the other opens empty. What I'm asking is: what is the reason for this _difference_? This behavior is absolutely consistent per project folder; I know very well which folder behaves which way. I just want to know why. Thanks. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 8! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920034261.do