[TxMt] Re: Committing to git submodule

Ronald Wampler rdwampler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:52:51 UTC 2014

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 3:17 AM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>
> Is committing to git submodules supposed to work? I have a project which uses a git submodule. I open the project in TM, make some changes in the submodule and then commit. It looks like everything went fine but in the result window I get "Changes not staged for commit" and "no changes added to commit". Running "git status" in the submodule I see that the changes are not committed.

You need to set the submodule directory as the project directory (or make sure that the submodule is at the top level in the file browser) so that the commits are performed in the submodule repo. Also, you will need to create/switch to a branch in the submodule since the git TM bundle will not let you make commit on a detached HEAD (though git itself allows this).