[TxMt] Git not working in TM2

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Mon Apr 14 11:09:32 UTC 2014

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Mac mini from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion and TextMate 1 to TextMate 2, so I'n new to TM2 and might be missing something obvious.

Before upgerading, I used Git only from the command line and the SourceTree GUI, but now I want to start using it directy from TextMate.

At the command line, `which git` will give me /usr/bin/git, so that's what what I entered as TM_GIT in TextMate's preference pane.

"Show Uncommitted Changes" in TextMate's git bundle will show the correct files (i.e. those that I changed), "Commit..." will give me the correct list of files to commit. But when I enter a commit message and hit the commit button, nothing happens.
No error message appears, but the files won't be committed, i.e. both TextMate and SourceTree will still show them as "modified".

So what am I doing wrong?
Are there any other dependencies I have to install? Any more settings I have to change?

Kind regards,
Tobias Jung