[TxMt] Re: The new commit window

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Apr 11 08:32:18 UTC 2014

On 10/04/14 11:29, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> That’d be appreciated.

Here are a bunch of suggestions for the commit window:

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/commit_default.png

This one uses a regular window, a scope bar and a lighter color for the
status bar. There should only be one button with a gear icon.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/commit_light_content.png

The same as the above but uses the new style for controls, Light
Content, available in 10.9.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/commit_non_textured_status.png

This one is like the first one but without the textured look for the
status bar.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/commit_no_status_no_scope.png

This one has no scope bar and no status bar. The "diff" button is
supposed to be a regular button, not a drop down, but with the Round
Rect style.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/medium_bottom_bar.png

As the previous one, but with a different style for the bottom bar.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/mini_bottom_bar.png

As the previous one but with a minimal bottom bar. I tried to mimic the
bottom bar that can be seen in Mail and Xcode, in the bottom left
corner. But I guess this style works best for buttons that are only
icons and no text. The buttons should have separators between them, this
can be seen in Xcode.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/mini_bottom_bar_buttons.png

A variation of the one above. This one has visible buttons for the
commit and cancel buttons.

*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18386187/commit_mocks/commit_calendar.png

For this one I tried to emulate the look of the info window used in
Calendar for events. This one is a bit more rough looking since I
created this one with a graphics program, for the others I used Xcode
Interface Builder. This one is the one that looks most different and
also will require most work.

--
/Jacob Carlborg