[TxMt] Re: The new commit window

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Apr 10 08:18:47 UTC 2014

On 10/04/14 03:41, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I don’t know if you extracted any potential visual tweaks from Jacob’s
> feedback. Tbh I am not too happy about the look of the bottom bar, but I
> haven’t been able to come up with something better. Apple’s guidelines
> say to try and avoid bottom bars and place actions in the toolbar
> instead, but that doesn’t seem right for this window, and they have
> similiar bottom bar themselves e.g. in the iCloud Open dialog (try
> Preview → Open). Though Apple’s top bar is much lighter, but also a bit
> non-standard (no close/minimize buttons).

I would probably have used a standard window (not textured) and placed
the buttons at the bottom, like a dialog.

I can give it some more thought and see if I can come up with something
better?

BTW, what was the original reason to use a textured window, to better
match the status bar of the text view?

--
/Jacob Carlborg