[TxMt] Re: Graphics card switching on mid-2010 MBP

Nigel Chapman nigel at macavon.co.uk
Sat Apr 5 13:37:31 UTC 2014

> Thanks for the update. I can’t think of anything that should affect this except that 9523 was built with updated develoepr tools (and thus SDK). I seem to recall that last time we “fixed it” the only thing that really seemed to have changed was (also) the build environment (updating to building on 10.9), though strange that the fix only lasted a few builds.

You may find this hard to believe, but when 9531 installed itself and relaunched, the system switched to the discrete graphics card. I quit TM, it went back to integrated graphics, relaunched TM, and back to the discrete card, with gfxCardStatus reporting TM as the dependency.

I haven’t done a Git commit yet, so it probably isn’t anything to do with the changes to that.

Bewildering, but perhaps 10.9.3 will help.