[TxMt] Re: how does the html bundle preview a document with unsaved changes?

Tue Sep 17 09:44:05 UTC 2013

On 16 Sep 2013, at 0:01, Stephen Bannasch wrote:

> […]
> Can you point me to an existing bundle which uses window.close() ...
> or an example of how to use it?

A command with HTML output can execute something like:

   print '<a href="#" onClick="javascript:window.close(); return
true;">close</a>'

That would generate a link to close the window (effectively an alias for
⌘W).

I’m not sure any commands actually use it. An example could be the
LaTeX Typeset & View command, it would always output all the typesetting
information, but if the PDF was succesfully created, and being set to
open in an external viewer, it could then close the output window by
outputting a <script> tag or having the controlling JS do it (depending
on how the command is implemented).