[TxMt] Graphics card switching on Mavericks

Nigel Chapman nigel at macavon.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 17:40:41 UTC 2013

I just installed 10.9 on my 15-inch, Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. gfxCardStatus is now
telling me that whenever Textmate (2.0-alpha.9489) is running, the system uses
the nVidia discrete graphics card. Textmate is listed in the Dependencies, so
it is definitely what is causing the switch. Textmate is also listed as an App
Using Significant Energy under the battery status menu.

I don't think this was happening before the upgrade to Mavericks, though it
might have come in with the latest build of TM and I just didn't notice.

Anybody else seen this?