[TxMt] Re: Projects in TM2: simple include/exclude directories

backspaces owen at backspaces.net
Mon Nov 25 04:52:12 UTC 2013

OK, I think this is how I solve the multi-folder situation .. let me know!

First, each folder would need their own .tm_properties files.  This means if
the same folder is in multiple projects, you have no exclude/include files
capabilities for the multiple projects.  Each project would have to have the
same contents, according to their folders' .tm_properties file.

Second, lets presume my project starts in my home directory.  Then I can
have only one project there, specified by the .tm_properties file, which
would have to include my multiple folders. Thus my home directory can be a
project folder for only a single project.  (Yikes!)

Third, a work around would be to simply have a separate folder per project,
containing symbolic links (ln -s) to the folders I want in my project.  This
would also have the advantage that I could have a single TM projects folder
that would have a folder per project, rather tidy.

Do I have this right?  Sorry to be so confused with the change, I really
love TM. Thanks for the help.

   -- Owen