[TxMt] Session restore for favorites

Dave Vogel dvlogic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:08:02 UTC 2013

Does anyone have a solution to restore tabs when a new favorite project is opened?

I have several projects I work with, switching back and forth frequently.  In TM1, opening a project would restore the previously opened tabs.  In TM2 when a favorite is reopened no tabs are restored (which is understandable since I don’t believe  there is any machinery to do this).  I do know that the initial session is restored at application launch, from the last project closed when the TM2 application is closed.

Ideally, I would like a mechanism that could save the meta data (files open in tabs and cursor position) for any favorite project when it is closed and restore the session when a favorite is reopened.  If I have ’n’ different favorite projects, I would have ’n’ different sessions saved.

If there is a way to run a shell script “hook” at close and open of a favorite, I suppose I could write some code to do this.  Since I’m somewhat new to TM2, I’m not sure what capabilities are available to do things like this.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

— dave