[TxMt] Re: Indented soft-wrap

michaelbain michael at michaelbain.co.za
Tue May 7 13:21:17 UTC 2013

*I've found that to make it work globally* ... just add it to a bundle that
is always loaded, regardless of 'language' / 'grammar' / 'theme' e.g. when I
add the setting to the 'TextMate' bundle, it works everywhere... *now matter
what I'm doing*

<http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/file/n26496/2013-05-07_14-23-49.png>

*I've also adjusted you setting code (with a simpler match value) to:*
{	indentedSoftWrap = {
		match = '\A[ ]*';
		format = '$0\t';
	};
}

*This gives me indented soft wrap with 1 tab...*
<http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/file/n26496/2013-05-07_14-28-07.png>

*This code:*
{	indentedSoftWrap = {
		match = '\A[ ]*';
		format = '$0';
	};
}

*gives me indented soft wrap flush with the parent line...*
<http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/file/n26496/2013-05-07_14-30-57.png>

*and this code:*
{	indentedSoftWrap = {
		match = '\A[ ]*';
		format = '$0 ';
	};
}

*gives me indented soft wrap with 1 space...*
(my personal preference)
<http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/file/n26496/2013-05-07_14-36-40.png>

I'm not familiar with the pattern items or rules related to the 'match' and
'format' argument values... where may I read more about that?

-M