[TxMt] Re: Help funding my TextMate 2 code sprint

Meryn Stol merynstol at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:53:14 UTC 2013

> Bundles will execute some kind of script. Which will create a new process.
> Autocompletion syntax highlighting and similar features need to be very,
> very fast. I don't want to wait a whole second for for an autocompletion
> list to show up.

I think delegating syntax highlighting up to simple bundle commands seems a
bit far-fetched. I don't know if it's  even possible to update text with
new colors.

As for auto-completions:
For me, getting php function suggestions (alt-esc) works absolutely
instantly, while it uses a plain Ruby script. Do you notice any lag?

Given the instantaneous results I get, I don't think starting the ruby
interpreter can be the source of slow-downs. Without knowing any more, I'd
put the blame at first on a slow hard drive. I have an SSD.

--
Meryn