[TxMt] Re: github issues forum

Sun Mar 24 09:14:32 UTC 2013

On 23 Mar 2013, at 18:59, Meryn Stol wrote:

> Why has Github issues forum been removed?

It was not a forum.

> It seems I'm now forced to subscribe to a mailing list just for the
> ability
> to give feedback.

You can also use IRC or write MacroMates directly:
https://github.com/textmate/textmate#feedback

It’s ironic you state this as a problem, not considering that
previously I was forced to go to github.com roughly five times a day to
assign labels to issues, search for duplicates to properly link them,
engage in one-on-one troubleshooting, and for issues that got closed,
try to state why it was closed in a way that wouldn’t upset the
submitter.

Not saying there wasn’t value in the issue tracker, there certainly
was, and part of me feels bad for having closed it, but it was just too
much of a distraction.

Long-term it might be back, we may try another issue tracker, or maybe
even a forum. But for now, I’ll just focus on development, and I can
assure you, despite having closed the issue tracker, there is no
scarcity of feedback :)

> Is there any archive of the discussions in the github issues forum?
> Currently, all urls currently resolve to 404. :(

Unfortunately GitHub does not have an option for that.