[TxMt] Re: TextMate 1.5 and Ruby 2.0.0

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Mar 12 19:42:31 UTC 2013

wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2013, at 8:36 PM, Matt Neuburg
> <matt at tidbits.com> wrote:
>
> > if anyone is looking for a way to try out Ruby 2.0 on
> > Mac, I recommend rbenv. So easy. So harmless.
>
> And remember, set TM_RUBY to your desired version rather than change PATH
>to have your custom install eclipse the one in /usr/bin :)

I've never actually figured out what you mean by that. The way I do this
*is* by changing TextMate's PATH:

/Users/mattleopard/.rbenv/bin:/Users/mattleopard/.rbenv/shims:/usr/bin:/
bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

This causes us to see both rbenv and the ruby that rbenv has currently
set. Thus I can nimbly switch from one ruby to another (using rbenv) and
TextMate will use whatever I've switched to. I believe this is what
*every* rbenv user does in order to make TextMate work. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 5! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023562.do