[TxMt] Re: Installation of the bundle “Gist” was canceled by the ‘Bundle Editor’

Mon Mar 11 20:25:18 UTC 2013

On Mar 10, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Ken Snyder <ken+textmate at ken.net> wrote:

> Ok, well I have done as you suggested and Gist seems to work now but I'm a little bit confused .... it hasn't recreated an Avian folder. Shouldn't it?

This folder is only for customized / custom bundles, or installed “manually”. The folder is not created before it is required.

> In the past i had linked the Application Support/Avian/Bundles folder to dropbox so my desktop and laptop always were in sync for my own bundles. Should I be doing this a different way?

That is fine, well, except for the fact that DropBox seems to trigger a file system bug that cripple file system notifications, which is a problem for TextMate because it relies solely on these, to learn when bundles are updated.

I don’t know how widespread the problem is though, but now you’re warned.

Long-term we’ll have to create some fallback code that polls the file system.