[TxMt] Re: How do I set "document" as default in Find and Replace dialog

Thu Jun 13 11:32:19 UTC 2013

On Jun 12, 2013, at 20:11, ysw <calsaiwing at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most of the time I'd want to apply Find and Replace to the entire document,
> as opposed to the selection only. TextMate 2 seems to change behavior
> depending on whether there is text selected. Is there a way to make it use
> "Document" by default at all times?

This is presently not possible.

I think this has come up once before and I was considering allowing a second press of ⌘F to switch to “Document” (i.e. if the find dialog is already showing).

Would such solution work for you? Or do you desire a (presumably hidden) option to never have it search selection by default?

For the records, ‘selection’ is used when the current document selection contains a newline.