[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 not for Snow Leopard?

Dushan Mitrovich dushanm at spinn.net
Tue Jun 11 17:35:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:00:15 +0000, Allan Odgaard wrote

> On Jun 4, 2013, at 2:53, Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at spinn.net> wrote:
>
>> I just learned from the download page that TM 2 is intended only for
>> Lion and later.  Will this remain the case?
>
> Yes, and once 10.9 is officially released, there is a good chance the
> requirements will be 10.8 and newer.
>
> Each OS update introduce new and better API plus bug fixes. Not being
> able to take advantage of the new API or having to provide
> workarounds for older OS versions (and test on these) affects
> productivity negatively.
>
>> That still works well, except for having no decent print options.
>
> I assume you're aware of
> http://wiki.macromates.com/HowTo/PrintWithColors? for now, 2.0
> hasn't improved upon printing (on the contrary), it still remains an
> unchecked item on my to-do list ;)

I hadn't been aware of that URL; thanks.  I tried it and it works for
me, but I don't see that it offers any advantages over what I've been
doing up to now, which is opening the saved/edited file in another app,
e.g. Bean or jEdit, and printing from that.  The main thing I'm missing
in TextMate is the lack of printing margins.

- Dushan