[TxMt] Re: PHP Validation

Tue Jun 11 03:11:54 UTC 2013

On Jun 9, 2013, at 6:09, Ken Snyder <ken+textmate at ken.net> wrote:

> Walter, thanks that is indeed what it was. I has mistakenly assumed that Textmate would use the exported PATH from .bash_profile and find PHP in /opt/local/bin but it didn't. I put a symbolic link in /usr/bin/php (aka, the OSX default I believe) to point to the right location.

You can set PATH in Preferences → Variables, or alternatively, set TM_PHP to your desired PHP version. We generally recommend the latter.

Generally you shouldn’t delete stuff in /usr/bin or “fix it” by creating symbolic links. A future OS update may likely overwrite your changes to /usr/bin or things that rely on the standard system binaries may break.