[TxMt] Re: Do I have to pay for the final TM 2 license key?

Thu Jul 18 22:13:03 UTC 2013

On 19 Jul 2013, at 0:03, kafi wrote:

> As I said I do not see any other open source software except TM 2 that
> demands the purchase of a license.

As has already been said open != free. That I decided to make my work
open (via the GPLv3) does not in any way mean I also have to give it
away for free, read the article about selling software on gnu.org (the
creators of the GPLv3 license I am using) if you don’t believe me.

I really don’t get what your point is. Are you saying that I cannot
open the source without also making it free? Because then you are wrong,
and there is plenty of proof of that.

Also, there actually is Mac and iOS software being sold for money where
the source is available, but that is irrelevant for what I can or cannot
do with TextMate.