[TxMt] Re: Replace without finding

Donald I Macdonald donald_i at madasafish.com
Tue Jul 2 09:58:37 UTC 2013

Thanks, I appreciate the tip, and it was of some help to me.

However I still feel (though I accept I may be in the minority) it is a backward step in usability. Even if the old "replace" button would appear when a modifier key was pressed (as "replace in selection" used to work in TextMate 1) that would satisfy me. This is not a complaint exactly, just my two cents as to what works for me.

As a side issue I noticed that the  replace function occasionally matched a regex, but then replaced it with the unmodified string in the replace box, complete with back-references as literal characters. A simple ctrl-z and a repeat of the search fixed the problem both times.

Thanks again,

Donald