[TxMt] Re: Update to 9353 failed on OSX 10.7.5

Tue Jan 29 16:48:29 UTC 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 5:41 PM, Bruno Favaretto <bfavaretto at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was prompted to update TextMate from 9351 to 9353, but I got an error:
>
> > Failed: Currupt archive.
>
> Not sure if it's happening to other people. When I try again, it seems it doesn't actually re-download the file (maybe just my download is corrupt), but I couldn't find where TextMate stores those downloads to delete my copy. Does anyone know where they're stored, so I can try again?

It’s cached here: ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/9353

The archive is however not corrupt. Others are also having this issue. I really have no idea what’s going on, but I suspect it has to do with codesigning. Prior to r9353 we had sporadic reports like this, and people manually downloading and extracting via Safari can also sometimes see the issue.

With r9353 it seems many are now affected, enough for me to have pulled the update until I figure out what’s wrong.