[TxMt] TextMate no longer accepts files from apps

monkeyangst textmate at monkeylaw.org
Thu Jan 24 16:52:29 UTC 2013

At some point recently, TextMate stopped opening files passed to it from my
FTP client. The client downloads the file, then hangs and stops responding.
TextMate will launch (or become active if already launched) but no file
opens.

While the FTP client is Cyberduck, I've confirmed the issue happens in
Transmit as well. Issue does not affect other editors such as TextEdit or
TextWrangler.

Removing TextMate's preferences, caches, or ~/Application Support/TextMate
do no good. In an alternate user account, no issue at all.

TextMate is version 1.5.11, OS is 10.8.2.

I'm hoping someone's run into a similar issue. It's just a matter of time
before I start gutting ~/Library, and I'd like to avoid that.