[TxMt] Check Spelling Disabled

crscardellino crscardellino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:09:49 UTC 2013

Hello TextMate community,

I'm having some troubles with the prebuilt binary version I downloaded from
the github page of textmate (https://github.com/textmate/textmate). The
problem is I cannot seem to find the way to enabled the check spelling
function.

If I activate "Check spelling as you type", in spanish (the language I'm
writing in), it works perfectly, for a .txt file or for a .tex file (I'm
actually trying to use this function for spell checking a latex file). But,
the function "Check spelling" (Edit -> Spelling -> Check Spelling), is
disabled (it is shown in the menu in a gray color and I can't activate it,
by menu nor by shortcut), and the function "Show Spelling & Grammar" is not
useful either as it doesn't go trough the whole text.

I really have no idea what to do to activate the spell checker. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Cristian.