[TxMt] Re: R bundle: find variables in object

Tim Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 22:05:24 UTC 2013

Getting this going in textmate would be awesome!
It’s great in R.app to be able to tab and get deeper and deeper into complex objects…

To do this in Textmate, you don't want to scan the source: the object names are not necessarily exposed there

What would be needed is a command that when it gets

object$→

would call names(object) and return that completion list (via applescript, I think is the only API)

likewise
object@→ calls slotNames(object)

Something like this might also give you a head start…

http://yihui.name/en/2010/08/auto-completion-in-notepad-for-r-script/

It’s for function completion (which i have switched off in the default R.bundle because it’s too laggy)

Getting a non-laggy version of function parameter completion would rock!