[TxMt] Re: Text mate cutting text when reloading file.

Sat Dec 21 03:42:24 UTC 2013

On 20 Dec 2013, at 16:38, Jesús Baquedano wrote:

> […] Is there a way to do a "clean reopening"  of  the file without
> having to
> restart my user session in the Mac OS?

If the issue is with the samba file system driver, then I assume what
you want (and achieve by restarting the user session) is to basically
“reset” the driver’s state. This might also be doable by
unmounting and mounting the volume.

> Another issue I have notice is that TxtMate does not detect
> automatically
> changes in files of samba file system.

TextMate uses the kqueue API to be notified about file system changes.
There is a good chance this does not work for some network file systems
(though it does work for AFP).

An alternative would be to have TextMate regularly stat the file, I
might add that in the future, but if your network file system return
stale/cached data (as it appears from what you write) then this might
not make any difference.