[TxMt] Re: Text mate cutting text when reloading file.

Thu Dec 19 03:16:00 UTC 2013

On 18 Dec 2013, at 21:54, Jesús Baquedano wrote:

> […] I occurs only when using subversion […] file is in a linux
> machine and I use
> samba to access it from TextMate […] I see the file in TexMate. The
> file is incomplete. The last lines are
> lost […]

Sounds like it could be a problem with the network file system,
especially since you re-open the file in TextMate and still see the last
part missing, i.e. the network file system locally cached the file prior
to it having been fully written by subversion.

Did you try to open the file with another application?

You mention the file being open in TextMate while updating it on the
linux server. What if you close the file before updating it (TextMate
keeps the file open for “events only” to be notified about changes,
perhaps this plays a role in the network file system’s behaviour)?