[TxMt] Re: how to disable bundle

Thu Dec 12 01:56:17 UTC 2013

On 10 Dec 2013, at 6:05, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> It looks like this problem is due to the way TextMate 2 interleaves
> its
> own preferences with those of TextMate 1 (e.g. it puts its own bundles
> into TextMate 1's Application Support folder). I wish it didn't do
> this.
> I solved the problem by putting TextMate 1's preferences where
> TextMate
> 2 couldn't see them. m.

I am not sure how to interpret this.

TextMate 2 will not read any of TextMate 1’s files and it will not
place things where TextMate 1 can see them.

As for disabling bundles, TextMate 2 has two “concepts” in its UI,
the Preferences → Bundles show only bundles from a curated list and
allows to install/uninstall these. The actual bundles go to
~/Library/Appliation Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles. This list will
not contain bundles outside that “Managed” folder.

Additionally there are non-curated/non-managed bundles, these can be in
~/Library/Application Support/Avian. The rest of the UI show both
managed and non-managed bundles together (i.e. Bundles menu and bundle
editor).

Ideally we would not present managed bundles in isolation, the current
UI is mainly just exposing how things are handled internally.