[TxMt] TM2 is slower compared to TM1 in some areas

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Dec 9 08:55:40 UTC 2013

I have two examples where TM2 is slower compared to TM1.

1.

I think this has been mentioned before but TM2 takes significant longer
time to syntax highlight large files compared to TM1. An example is this
file from the D standard library:

https://raw.github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/master/std/datetime.d

It might be a bit extreme, it's around 34 000 lines of code. If I open
that file and then jump to the end of the file. It takes TM1 around 5
seconds until the code has syntax highlighting. In TM2 it takes around
15 seconds.

2.

TM2 is also slower on auto completion for some files. Here is one example:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt-mac/blob/master/dwt/widgets/Display.d

If I put the cursor at line 2111 at, type "o" and press escape to do
auto completion. In TM1 I immediately get a result. In TM2 I get a
result after around 3 seconds.

Is there anything that can be done to increase the performance in these
two areas?

--
/Jacob Carlborg