[TxMt] Re: auto changing theme

Sun Dec 8 01:47:24 UTC 2013

On 6 Dec 2013, at 12:30, Yuan Jiang wrote:

> How about to add a feature to auto change theme when day or night
> comes.

TextMate 1.x would switch to a theme when the tmTheme was opened (and
theme already installed). This was specifically so that users could
setup cron scripts to do things like what you suggest.

I can re-introduce that in 2.0¹ but I’m not going to add a GUI for
actually setting up timers for changing themes, that can easily be done
externally (with much more flexibility).

¹ Currently when opening an already installed bundle item, TM 2 will
tell you it is already installed and allow you to open it in the bundle
editor.