[TxMt] Where is a reinstall of TextMate 2 alpha 9465 picking up its registration?

mjeick mjeick at wesdar.com
Fri Aug 23 18:51:10 UTC 2013

Howdy,

A perplexing question.  I just downloaded and installed TextMate 2.0 alpha
build 9465 and registered it.  I played around a bit and after I was
finished, I uninstalled it, rebooted and reinstalled it.   When I went to
register it again, it was already registered.  From whence did the previous
registration come from?

For the record, I found and deleted all files/directories discovered using
"sudo find / -iname *textmate*"  and "sudo find / -iname *macromates*".
That included components in:

1. /Applications
2. /private/var/db/BootCaches/....
3. ~/Library/Application Support/Avian & TextMate
4. ~/Library/Caches
5. ~/Library/Preferences

I'm losing sleep over this... I'd love to know where the registration was
picked up from.  This is completely reproducible.

Thanks in advance,
Mark