[TxMt] Re: Creating a global variable via bundle command (using Python)

Mon Aug 12 11:00:03 UTC 2013

On 11 Aug 2013, at 19:02, Michele Pasin wrote:

> […] each time I send a command, the socket is obviously re-created;
> wondered if I TextMate provides a mechanism to save the 'sock' binding
> in
> the current  environment - so that I can reuse it later within other
> commands.

Not per se, but TextMate does give you a TM_DOCUMENT_UUID and
TM_PROJECT_UUID variable.

The former is unique per document and the latter is unique per project
(window).

You can use these as keys into shared storage (such as files in TMPDIR)
to store things that you wish to associate with a single document or
project.

Presently though there is no cleanup callback, so if you spawn a server
process for a document or project, you should have it shutdown
automatically if it hasn’t seen any activity for some amount of time.