[TxMt] Mail Markdown Preview

Manuel Lopez jmlopez.rod at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:59:21 UTC 2013

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help with something related to mail.app.

There currently is a Mail bundle in both textmate and textmate 2 which
allows you to send html to the mail application (With Safari), I found this in [1] and
other sites. Since writing emails in html is a [bad idea] I thought, why not use
the awesome textmate preview to view the contents of the email as both
a preview from the current plain text in the compose window and a preview
of the email received.

I'm currently copying the content of the email to a blank document in textmate and previewing
it. So why not just skip this and activate textmate with a keyboard shortcut from the mail application?

This may not be outside textmate capabilities and I think it would be a great addition
to the release version. The mail application would need a plugin, just a button so that
when it is clicked in the composer window or in the view email window it sends the
plain text to text mate and then textmate would call markdown/multimarkdown or
whatever program you want to use to convert the message and display it with
the html previewer.

Anyway, just some thoughts that would make me look forward even more to the
release of textmate 2.

-Manuel

PS.
Thank you for the fix related to the html preview in the last email I sent. I forgot to reply last time
to give my thanks.

[1]: http://www.hawkwings.net/2006/05/11/more-textmate-goodness-html-emails/
[2]: http://www.freeantispam.org/html-email.php