[TxMt] SVN and the file pane

Jonas Zimmermann listen at jonaszimmermann.de
Mon Sep 24 21:39:22 UTC 2012

I'd like to bring SVN and file pane behaviour up again.
I've been using both extensively, and run into this situation frequently: Working in file A, press cmd-Y, 5 to commit, realise after hitting commit that in fact file B was selected in file viewer and the wrong file with the wrong commit message was committed.

As for the heuristics which file to apply cmd-Y to:
1) If the file browser has focus, take its selection, if the editor has focus, take that.
2) In the commit window, show all uncommitted changes in (the parent folder of the file browser or root of working copy, whichever is lower) and below, but only select the items from 1)

Would that cause any side-effects?

If we cannot agree on how this should behave, can the precedence behaviour of file viewer be somehow customized?

Best,
Jonas