[TxMt] Differing ENV when TM2 started from mate

Simon Gregory mr.simon.gregory at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:37:06 UTC 2012

I have TM_RUBY specified to point to rvm's textmate_ruby. When opening TextMate using 'mate .' it subsequently uses the system ruby, but not the system gemset, and bundle commands start to fail because of incompatabilities.

When opening TextMate directly, or it is already open when I use mate, all is well.

Where the actual problem lies is difficult to tell, and I don't need a solution now I've worked out how to avoid it, but did figure that it'd be helpful to mention.

Cheers,
Simon