[TxMt] Re: strange bar above status bar

Travis Dunn tdunn13 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 18:02:22 UTC 2012

I'm not arguing that they are a bad thing. I just don't think it's necessarily a good direction to go down the "completely skinable" road. It's pretty easy to make a decent looking syntax coloring theme for the editor window, it's a completely different thing to make a decent looking interface theme.

There's enough work to be done to the UI itself, and (i think) it can be done in a way that works well with a light or dark themes. I personally would rather see the effort be put into making a well designed editor that a new user can sit down and think "man, this looks nice" than into something that can be hacked up to look like a rubbish XMMS theme.

Just my 2 cents though.