[TxMt] Re: file browser behaviour in TM2

Sat Sep 15 13:49:40 UTC 2012

On Sep 13, 2012, at 1:51 AM, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2012, at 9:04 PM, Travis Dunn wrote:
>
>> […] That being said… maybe there is some way to have a preference for it or something…
>
> Ah. Well put. We have the technology....

With the current source a simple patch could be: http://pastie.textmate.org/4725372

There’s a few edge-cases to account for though, e.g. in full-screen mode you probably don’t want to shrink the window when closing the file browser, or expand the window if the window is already near the screen edges. Also some stuff related to initial size of new windows (with/without browser visible)…

A simpler fix might be to just switch the file browser to be on the right side of the window :)