[TxMt] Re: Running JRuby Rake tasks

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Fri Sep 14 00:04:45 UTC 2012

> I haven’t used the rake support myself, but looking at the source you should set TM_RAKE (rather than TM_RUBY).

I set TM_RAKE, and unset TM_RUBY, and the runner complained that it couldn't find jruby. So I set TM_RUBY back to the correct RVM executable. I still get the same error however, but just noticed that the SAFE levels message was just a warning, the real problem was a NotImplementedError:

    NotImplementedError: Process::Status#exited? not implemented
      (root) at /Users/adsharp/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RakeMate/rake_mate.rb:42

Found this pull request: https://github.com/jruby/jruby/pull/245, so updated my project to use jruby-1.7.0.preview2, which seemed to resolve that error.

Now the problem is that rake_mate.rb requires $TM_SUPPORT/lib/ui.rb, which requires $TM_SUPPORT/lib/osx/plist, which is a C extension and therefore is disabled in JRuby.

So it's looking like a non-starter for now...

Adam