[TxMt] Re: file browser behaviour in TM2

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Wed Sep 12 03:47:49 UTC 2012

On Sep 9, 2012, at 2:57 PM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> am I the only one who is annoyed by the behaviour of the
> file browser in TM2?

No. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the current design is, um, stupid. I routinely size the text part of an editor window so that I get 100 characters on a line--it's an easy way to get the most efficient screen usage and an excellent way to discipline myself to not run over my preferred line length. I work on a laptop so closing and opening this panel or drawer is something that actually makes sense, but with the constant unwanted resizing of the window it just gets really aggravating. Either I have wrapped line fragments or 20 characters' worth of wasted screen real estate. Apple made drawers for a reason.

Jerry