[TxMt] Growing list of duplicates in Finder's "Open With.."

dAlembert nablamalnabla at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 07:07:30 UTC 2012

Good morning all,

first I want to express my appreciation for the ongoing development process
of TM2! Thanks to all contributors!

However, with the nightly updates coming in more frequently now, I find that
on both of my (Mountain Lion) computers, the number of TextMate duplicates
in Finder's "Open With.." list (if I for instance use it on one of my C
source files) keeps increasing with every single update.

I know that it is basically possible to clean this list by rebuilding some
LaunchServices files, but I also read that all previous application
assignments for file types would be lost afterwards -- that is why I first
want to ask if anybody experiences similar behavior, and whether this might
be related to the upgrade process within TextMate (I'm usually updating from
the preferences dialog) and thus be likely to reoccur even after I have
cleaned the LaunchServices.

Thank you very much,
dAlembert