[TxMt] Re: new size of gutter icons

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:35:46 UTC 2012

Looking way too small to my eyes as of Version 2.0 (9300)...

These are a user interface element: They need to be clearly visible, unambiguous (as they get small, even the direction get ambiguous, they start to be interpretable as looking up to the left) they need to be a target that is hittable without conscious planning,  and also good if it stays a fixed location.

There seemed a time about a week ago when they were looking nice, perhaps with a subtle disk behind them? (or am I making that up?)

For my money, I would keep them the height of the gutter line numbers: there’s a ton of space... use it.