[TxMt] Re: Find & File browser

Tue Sep 4 10:17:03 UTC 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 8:02 PM, Jonas Zimmermann <listen at jonaszimmermann.de> wrote:

> When the file browser has the focus, starting a Find (Cmd-F) with search scope 'Document' or 'Selection' does not initiate a search (or give a warning).

This is because it searches “first responder”, e.g. the Find dialog can also search the HTML output window, release notes, or similar, depending on what has focus.

We might be able to do a better job at having the text view be fallback for when the action isn’t applicable to first responder, we do this for key bindings, but that heuristic needs a bit of refining, and if split views are introduced, it’ll be more muddied.