[TxMt] Re: Grammar file help

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 04:52:28 UTC 2012

I wonder what the scopes you want would look like?

if fun(m)' generates:

if you want to scope transposed objects  (why?) - like this:

Then you could catch many cases with something like this early on in the syntax

([^ ]+)(') and pass the first bit on to source.julia or whatever language it is you are writing for

But if there is no illegal character like white space to help you know what is being transposed, then I think you would need to build it up in multiple rules (probably like the language parser does), seeking for matched pairs of brackets to jump back over legal white space
so match (stuff)' with
(add something to allow an optional function name in front of the (

then a rule for (())' etc.

This won't grid to a halt, as it is not looking backwards for things that never occur, but looking forwards for closing transform tick not too far from brackets that it finds.

best of luck,
tim