[TxMt] .tm_properties Question

dAlembert nablamalnabla at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 08:24:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

recently I've been trying different things with project-related
tm_properties files. To help me better understand what I'm doing, could
anybody please explain the background behind different kinds of quotation
marks like " or ' ?

For example it took me some time to figure out that while

   projectDirectory     = "$CWD"

uses " marks, setting of a variable afterwards

   TM_LATEX_MASTER      = '${CWD}/document.tex'

will only work properly if ' is used (at least it didn't work for me with "
when doing the LaTeX run from subdirectories).

What is the technical difference between those " and ' ?

Thanks,
d'Alembert